Throughout SeaCa Plastic, from top management to the plant workers, we recognize the importance of food safety throughout the supply chain. As an integral part of this supply chain, we have a collective responsibility to exercise our due diligence by making a commitment to take responsible steps in order safeguard one another, our customers, and the consumers. Through our Food Safety Systems we work internally at our manufacturing facility, as well as alongside our suppliers, distribution locations, and customers to ensure the quality and safety of our products.
- To ensure we accomplish success in our food safety program we have established a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and abide by the standards set out by AIB International; the third-party auditing body we associate with. We have implemented processes and procedures to help hold ourselves accountable to the established standards, such as:
- Conform with the regulatory requirements and the agreed customer requirements;
- Implement an internal audit program to ensure food safety objectives are consistently in compliance with the standards and expectations set out;
- Housekeeping procedures for every department of the manufacturing facility;
- Provide our personnel with adequate food safety information, training, and equipment to perform their tasks in a food safe and professional manner;
- Programs to control allergens, chemicals, and foreign materials;
- Implementation of an approved supplier program;
- Promote personal hygiene and proper housekeeping to our employees, contractors, suppliers and vendors.
Food safety must be a team effort, therefore making it a responsibility for every employee who is a part of the implemented processes and procedures. As we maintain our food safety programs company wide, we continue to improve our efficiency, which allows us to better serve our customers and meet their expectations.